No products in the cart.
It comes to no surprise that our Garlic and Merlot vinaigrette is a winner amongst those who are familiar with the ‘Asian’ taste. The mixture of Garlic extra virgin olive oil and Merlot vinegar makes this a light-tasting topper that reminds one of garlic fried rice.
Hence it comes with little wonder that recipes for a salad to use this vinaigrette with surfaced. Here is one suggestion to try out.
Garlic Merlot Salad
A quick and simple salad that is refreshing and goes well with a quiche. Serves 2 to 4.
200g of ready washed salad mix for convenience or 1 small iceberg lettuce
100 gm of baby tomatoes or 2 regular tomatoes sliced into wedges
30 ml of Garlic Merlot Extra Virgin Olive Oil Vinaigrette
2 teaspoons of Bush Mallee or any Honey
50g cheddar cheese cut into cubes
Pinch of salt (optional)
- All vegetables should be washed and made as dry as possible. So it is easier to use pre-washed salad mix.
- Mix the Garlic Merlot Vinaigrette and honey in a small bowl. Add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Pour over the vegetables and tomatoes and toss it thoroughly.
- Let the salad rest in the fridge for 15 minutes and sprinkle cheese cubes over just before serving.
- To dry washed vegetables, you can use a salad spinner or you can dry them between two layers of paper or cloth kitchen towel gently.
- You can choose to add various vegetables such as chopped celery sticks or diced apples. Avoid fruits that are soft and mushy. We should aim to keep the salad crunchy and crisp.
- You can add nuts such as pine nuts or almonds just before serving.
- You can prepare the salad in advance. Cling wrap the bowl and keep cool in the refrigerator. Add the cheese when you are ready to serve.